Glow Stick

Glow Stick Weather Boy and his dad went to Home Depot early Sunday morning and bought some items we needed and two glow sticks for Halloween night.

Of course, Weather Boy couldn't wait to open them. He saw the packages last night at about 7:00, and Weather Boy's dad decided to open them. Well, the first one was a dud, which will be returned, but the second worked like a charm. He loved it! We had to turn off all the lights to enjoy the glow, which Drewbie wasn't too keen on.

The glow stick went into the bath and finally was tucked into bed with Weather Boy. We warned him that it probably wouldn't be glowing when he woke. As I walked out of the room, I could imagine little Weather Boy trying to keep his eyes open to watch it, but finally his eyes giving up before his desire.

This morning he woke at his usual 6:30 and I found the glow stick under his bed, and it was still glowing, but not as bright. He was happy and went on his way to watch Clifford, with a break for breakfast, and then back to watch Zoboomafoo.

For some reason, I think about that little glow stick and I get sad to think that Weather Boy is going to out grow his love and facination of these little things. Like his finding "treasure." Yesterday he found a white rock in the sandbox. He ran over to me, showing his treasure, which we had to wash off and take home. He was so proud and excited! I'll miss finding other treasures in this pocket when I do laundry. This last weekend were beads I'm sure he found in the sandbox.

For now, I will enjoy these simple things with him.

0 comments:

Hypothesis: Heath the Weatherboy has a better batting average than the professional weather people in forecasting weather in Southern California. Come and see if the hypothesis of a proud mom is correct!
 
Copyright 2009 Heath the Weather Boy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates