Living in a world of boots

Bee Gees We haven't bought a new CD in a a while and aren't part of the iPod craze, so every now and then I rummage around in our CDs for something fun to listen to during my world tour of SoCal: home->school->work->school->home (almost 8 hours a week just to do this). I found our two disk (TWO Disks?!) set of the greatest hits of the Bee Gees and decided to listen to disk one.

As I was listening to the disk, I had a good laugh (which is always good in SoCal rush hour traffic). I'll tell you the reason why, but first read the below chours for How Deep Is Your Love.

How deep is your love
I really need to learn
’cause we’re living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me


I cannot remember when I finally realized they were saying "fools," but it must have been 10 - 15 years ago. I always thought they were saying "boots." I remember hearing the song in its hay day wondering, "What a wierd line: We're living in a world of boots." I chalked it up that it was one of those artsy things I didn't understand. In my defense, you have to realize that when you hear American Pie, with, what I consider, crazy lyrics, around the same time as this song, you begin the realize your simple mind doesn't understand these "artists."

Plus, hey, I was REALLY young when this all happend. That's right, really young. (Maybe if I keep saying this, I'll forget how old I am). Anywho, happy Thursday! I'll post some info about the latest with the boys. One tidbit involves a greying front tooth. Now, you guess who it involves. Until next time...

0 comments:

Hypothesis: Heath the Weatherboy has a better batting average than the professional weather people in forecasting weather in Southern California. Come and see if the hypothesis of a proud mom is correct!
 
Copyright 2009 Heath the Weather Boy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates