Good Morning!

I couldn't find an exact picture of the frog on the net, given my lack of time, so this will have to do!As Weather Boy and I were walking from the parking lot to school, he pointed down to the ground. I thought he was pointing at a Chiquita banana sticker, and said, “Cool,” assuming he was going to pick it up and put it on his shirt. Weather Boy said, “No, look at that,” and right next to it was a big earthworm. As only a mother to boys can do, I excitedly said, “Cool!!!”

Weather Boy picked it up, and it was pretty big. It was kinda strange that he was on the concrete, but his loss, our gain. Weather Boy clutched him in his hand and took it into the classroom. I asked Teacher #2 if the frogs could eat worms, and she said yes. We all went over to the frog aquarium, and Weather Boy dropped him in.

The worm landed by some moss, and I thought it would just burrow down in the dirt never to be seen again. However, I was quite surprised to see the worm wiggle for a second, and then out of the moss came the frog, which gobbled up the worm very quickly. The tail of the worm was flailing around his mouth. A twenty second battle ensued where the frog re-gripped the worm a few times, finally, swallowing him down.

Teacher #2 asked if we'd be willing to take frogs home during Christmas break, and I agreed, thinking if we could see this every day, I would love it!

Very cool and a great way to start the morning.

0 comments:

Hypothesis: Heath the Weatherboy has a better batting average than the professional weather people in forecasting weather in Southern California. Come and see if the hypothesis of a proud mom is correct!
 
Copyright 2009 Heath the Weather Boy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates