Just another ordinary weekend...

Pick a winner...for us here in the L household. Drewbie and Weather Boy had fun playing in the fountain Weather Boy's dad got at a rental. As I was boiling pasta for dinner, I came back outside to see Drewbie staring in space with his finger in his nose while sitting in the fountain. Weather Boy's dad recreated this scene, hence the reason Drewbie is laughing.

Pick a winner









Oh, did I mention that I went down into the sewer to get Weather Boy's ball? I didn't... hmmm. Must have slipped my mind. Or I am blocking the HORROR of it from my mind FOREVER! The boys and I went to the PMRR and then to the Hamburger Factory (HF). At the HF, the boys played a quick game and got some super bouncy balls. Weather Boy enjoyed chasing them down the driveway. Next thing you know, one of them went into the gutter and down the sewer.

Weather Boy was sad, and I told him to ask his dad if he would go get it because we could see it when we looked into the hole. Weather Boy's dad took the sewer cover off and said he couldn't because his shoulders are too wide. That left me or Weather Boy. I suggested that we hold Weather Boy's legs and lower him down to pick it up. We tried, but Weather Boy clung to his dad's legs for dear life and wouldn't go.

That left me. Great. I did NOT want to go down there either. I climbed the little ladder, past the nasty spiders, focused on the ball, ignoring the crap I had to stand in to get it. I grabbed the damn ball and threw it out, only for it to go into the gutter again. Weather Boy's dad stopped it before it went down the drain, and I got out of the sewer quickly.

Anyway, I'm sure you have a story similar to this one, right? Doesn't every mother go into gutters during the weekend? No? Hmmm. Guess I have to re-think this whole thing. :-)

Off to work I go. Have a happy Monday!

0 comments:

Hypothesis: Heath the Weatherboy has a better batting average than the professional weather people in forecasting weather in Southern California. Come and see if the hypothesis of a proud mom is correct!
 
Copyright 2009 Heath the Weather Boy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates